Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Birthday Party Ideas




I know I'm not the only one who looks at *anything* red and imagines how it can be turned into a super adorable Mickey Mouse inspired creation.  Please, tell me that I'm not the only one....  Anyhow, I can not believe that I didn't think of this idea sooner.....Red Solo cups as Mickey's pants!!  So inexpensive and really easy to do!  Can be used as party cups or as the base of a treat bag.   


While cruising the aisles of the Dollar Tree last month, I came across these little plastic storage bins.  At the time, I did not know what I would do with them.  My inner Dollar Tree voice said...  "at 4 for a dollar, buy them now and figure it out later..."  So I bought 6 packs of 4.   I'm so glad that I did!


What you'll need


I am almost embarrassed to actually type out instructions for this...  Using a 1" circle paper punch, punch out two white circles out of card stock.  Using a low temp hot glue gun,  glue the buttons onto the cup.  Done.  Seriously, how easy is that!!




 I found black striped paper straws at Michaels for $2.  I punched out Mickey heads using my Mickey paper punch and black card stock.  I used a tiny drop of hot glue to glue the Mickey Heads about an inch down the straw.   

Finished product, how cute?!




Onto the base of the treat bag: Just like the cups, hot glue the 1" circles to the front of the container.  Fill with candy and tie with a yellow ribbon.  I added a Mickey head punch-out to the bow.

Finished treat bag :)




I made these Mickey inspired cupcakes using half of an Oreo and two mini Oreos as the ears.  Red icing and two white chocolate chips as the buttons.  So simple.  

Let me know what you think, comment below!






23 comments:

  1. Cute ideas, Mel!!! ~ Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT ALL!!!! Our son, Nikolus, is turning 2 next month with a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme...so I'm searching for party ideas :) Thank you so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am using some of your ideas for my daughters 4th bday party! Thanks for the PINspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. where did you get the mickey punch? My son's 2nd b'day and his cousin's 8th b'day are a day apart and we're doing a Mickey/Minnie party this month for them. I want to use this idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment :) I bought the Mickey punch at Michael's Craft Center. Have a great party!

      Delete
  5. Very cute ideas!! I hope I can find some of those little storage bins. That is a great idea!!! And, no!!! You are not the only person who sees red and thinks Mickey Mouse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much!!! My little boy is having a Mickey party and I needed some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so adorable!! and thank you for the step by step instructions!! I need that... My 3 year old is having a mickey mouse birthday next month and I am stressing for ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this!!! What size Mickey paper punch did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The punch is about an inch and a half.

      Delete
  9. these ideas are soGREAT my daughter and I were searching for ideas for my grandson's birthday party, THANK YOU THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What dollar tree did you get those bins from every dollar tree doesn't sale them n do they have every color

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am definitely making the red cupcakes and I am going to attempt to do the cup and straw idea. Thanks so much for the super cute ideas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those ideas ! I am planning my daughter's birthday party next month. You are a genius. :) Seriously. Thanks! Question: Will dots labels stickers work for the bottons instead of using paper and hot glue

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved your ideas and will use some of them at my sons 3rd birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it, love it. Our little one love to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. So we'll be using some of your ideas for his 2nd Birthday. Thanks a lot for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it, love it. Our little one love to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. So we'll be using some of your ideas for his 2nd Birthday. Thanks a lot for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello!

    My name is Heather and I am the editorial coordinator for Disney’s Babble.com. We would like to consider using your Mickey Mouse craft in an upcoming post on our site.

    Would you be interested in giving us permission to use your photo?

    We will credit and link out to your site.

    Thank you,

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. feel free to contact me at heather.newman@disney.com

      Delete
  17. Amazing and crafty. It's just they way I like my tasks. Just a silly question. For the mini storage bins. What size cellophane bags did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  18. In love with these Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Birthday Party Ideas. Thanks my friend for sharing the details here. I want to have Mickey mouse wedding reception and will do all the arrangements on my own so your ideas will be helpful. Now I just have to find some good NYC wedding venues for this themed bash.

    ReplyDelete